The Foroozan Field is located in the Persian Gulf Approx 100 Km southwest of Kharg Island . The field is on The Iran-Saudi Arabian water borders with The Saudi-Arabian portion of the field being referenced to as the Marjan Field.
The mentioned field was initially developed in the early 1970’s with first production commencing towards the end of 1975.
Development Plan of this field consists of basic and detailed engineering, construction, installation and commissioning of offshore facilities and related pipelines. The contract type has changed from Buy-Back to Internal Resources based on The new contract by Nioc on 2009/03/05.
Project Main Activities:
- Enhancement of the field production capacity By 65,000 Bbl/Day for exportation to Kharg Island .
- Transferring 258 Mmscfd gas to Kharg Island through a 102 Km-length with 24” pipeline.
- Reducing the oil density in the refined water By 40 ppm when transferring to the Sea.
Based on previous Buy-Back contract of Foroozan & Esfandiar oil field development, upstream And seismic studies for the purpose of evaluating the field potentials, drilling of two appraisal wells, 16 new horizontal wells, and re-entry of 7 existing horizontal wells were part of the contract. The following activities are extracted From the new contract as the project's scope of work:
Description of performed tasks:
- Engineering, Construction, Installation of two Jackets (FY-A & FZ-A) .
- Engineering, Construction, Installation and Commissioning for 102 Km offshore pipeline from the platform to Kharg Island
- Engineering, Construction, Installation and Commissioning in-field oil process and gas lift pipelines .
- Fabrication and Installation of Jackets FZ-A & FY-A.
- Completion of Pre-Engineering, Pre-Lay and Post-Lay survey .
- Completion of laying activities in-field pipe lines .
- Completion of trenching and back filling activities related to export and in-field pipelines.
- Completion of free span and crossing of pipeline route.